Zugui Zhang | Christina Care Health System, Newark, Deleware
- RESULTS: Multiple scenario analyses found lifetime cost-effectiveness of icosapent ethyl ($4.64/day) compared to standard care.
- Zhang's Abstract
Patient-Reported Outcomes, Resource Utilization, and Health Care Expenditures Across the 3 Major Atherosclerotic Diseases: The Medical Expenditure Panel Survey (meps)
Martin Tibuakuu | St. Luke's Hospital, Ballwin, Missouri
- RESULTS: Compared to CAD, stroke and PAD were associated with lower use of guideline-directed preventive therapies, highlighting a missed opportunity for secondary ASCVD prevention in these patients.
- Tibuakuu's Abstract
Impacts of the Million Hearts® Cardiovascular Disease Risk Reduction Model on the Initiation or Intensification of Statins and Anti-Hypertensive Medications: A Pragmatic, Cluster-Randomized Trial
G. Greg Peterson | Mathematica Policy Research, Washington, DC
- RESULTS: Use of CVD medications significantly improved with the Million Hearts® model, especially in high-risk participants and increased provider awareness of risk.
- Peterson's Abstract
Social Determinants of Health and Participant Retention in a Disparities Study and Primary Care: Findings From the Hypertension and Values (hyvalue) Trial
Kamal Henderson | Rocky Mountain VA Medical Center, Denver, Colorado
- RESULTS: Higher social determinants of health levels associated with less research study retention.
- Henderson's Abstract
Andy T. Tran | Saint Luke's Mid America Heart Institute, University of Missouri-Kansas City, Missouri
- RESULTS: Discordance noted between patient-reported and physician estimates of angina. Tools that include the patient's outcome measures may help select those who will have QOL benefits after PCI.
- Tran's Abstract