Become a Fellow of AHA
For those who qualify, election as a fellow recognizes your scientific and professional accomplishments, volunteer leadership and service.
WHAT IS FAHA?
For those who qualify, election as a Fellow of the American Heart Association recognizes your scientific and professional accomplishments, volunteer leadership and service. By earning the right to include the initials FAHA among your credentials, you let colleagues and patients know that you have been welcomed into one of the world’s most eminent organizations of cardiovascular and stroke professionals.
WHO IS FAHA FOR?
Fellowship is open to physicians, scientists, nurses and other health care professionals with a major and productive interest in cardiovascular diseases and stroke. For criteria and complete instructions on applying for AHA Fellowship please select the council with which you are affiliated.
To be eligible for consideration for AHA Fellowship, the candidate must:
- Be an active member at the Premium Professional or Premium Professional Plus level at the time the nomination is submitted.
- Be up-to-date on Membership dues at the time application is submitted.
- Have been an AHA member for at least two years.
- Be affiliated with the council through which the application is submitted.
FELLOWSHIP (FAHA) BENEFITS
- Entitlement to use the designation of Fellow of the AHA/ASA (FAHA). This designation reflects not only the professional stature of the Fellow, but also his/her record of valuable service to the association and the council.
- Access to online AHA journals at no cost.
- Reduced subscription rates for all AHA print journals.
- Priority registration and housing for Scientific Sessions and International Stroke Conference.
- Reduced registration fee to the AHA Scientific Sessions and other AHA/ASA sponsored conferences.
- Opportunity to serve as a Mentor in the Mentoring for Professionals program.
- Access to the FAHA Lounge at Scientific Sessions.
- 8" X 11" Fellowship certificate suitable for framing.
- Complete roster of council Fellows (by request only) .
DUE DATES FOR ALL COUNCILS FAHA APPLICATIONS
FALL Deadline: July 10
SPRING Deadline: January 10
Don’t Wait! Apply Now!
HOW TO APPLY
Select the Council with which you are affiliated to learn more about AHA Fellowship eligibility, criteria, council-specific requirements and how to apply.
- Council on Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology
- Council on Basic Cardiovascular Sciences
- Council on Cardiopulmonary, Critical Care, Perioperative and Resuscitation
- Council on Lifelong Congenital Heart Disease and Heart Health in the Young
- Council on Cardiovascular and Stroke Nursing
- Council on Cardiovascular Radiology and Intervention
- Council on Cardiovascular Surgery and Anesthesia
- Council on Clinical Cardiology
- Council on Epidemiology and Prevention
- Council on Genomic and Precision Medicine
- Council on Hypertension
- Council on the Kidney in Cardiovascular Disease
- Council on Lifestyle and Cardiometabolic Health
- Council on Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Council on Quality of Care and Outcomes Research
- Stroke Council